The Minnesota Timberwolves split the Staples Center Series and are back in action tonight facing the Cleveland Cavaliers at home in the friendly confines of Target Center.
Here are things, they’re for you.
I spoke with David Zavac, editor of Fear The Sword – A Cleveland Cavaliers Community, on yesterday’s Break The Huddle Show with John Meyer from The Daily Wolf and Billy Bohl of A Wolf Among Wolves. Here’s a link to yesterday’s show! (we experienced issues yesterday, so it’s only audio for the first 10:30).
There’s a great Q&A with Zavac that begins at the halfway point, 30:00 in.
Mr. Bohl and I host this hour long segment to talk about the Wolves every Tuesday, you can follow the show on Twitter –@BTH_Show– where we’ll promote for you guys to call in, ask questions and discuss random nonsense in a segment that’s fun for listeners of all ages.
PHEW, now that I’m out of the Promotion Ocean — we can continue. Read more about the meeting earlier this season between the Wolves and the Cavs, here.
- Bynum is out for tonight because of family matters. This leaves Dion Waiters, Anthony Bennett, Anderson Varejao, and Tristan Thompson to make up for Bynums surprising productivity so far this season
- Kyrie Irving had 19, 8 assists and 9 turnovers — the Cavs coughed the ball up 20 times
- C.J. Miles went crazy, he’s the reason the Wolves lost and I’m convinced of it — won’t go on longer
Moving onto Friday.
The Wolves head to Denver to take on the struggling Nuggets.
- Corey Brewer, who goes into tonight’s game leading the league in fastbreak points per game, played 82 games for Denver last season — he only started once. Brewer has started every game thus far as a Timberpup.
- The Nuggets are 2 and 4 this season and are at home tonight against the Los Angeles Lakers.
- George Karl, despite being awarded Coach of the Year honors last season, is no longer employed as Head Coach — a puzzling scenario to say the least.
- Will the Nuggets have the one known as “The Manimal,” Kenneth Faried? Faried is averaging 11 points and 9 rebounds in Denver so far this season, but rumors surfaced today he may be involved in a trade that would send him to the New York KNicks.
J.R. Smith is starting & Iman Shumpert could be departing. I’m hearing Knicks-Nuggets continue to discuss an Iman for Kenneth Faried trade.
— Frank Isola (@FisolaNYDN) November 13, 2013
News happens fast, so naturally after nearly publishing this post — I found this.
Denver has made it clear to Kenneth Faried’s reps: There are no active talks involving him. Knicks offered Shumpert. Denver rejected idea.
— Adrian Wojnarowski (@WojYahooNBA) November 13, 2013
WHO KNOWS ANYTHING ANYMORE?!?!
I’ll talk to you guys again on Friday.
Tonight’s game will be aired on FSN North, 7:00 CST. You’ll also be able to hear it on the radio by tuning into WCCO’s 830, Alan Horton (@WolvesRadio) will have the call.
Also, a Happy Birthday to Mark Remme and Shabazz Muhammad!
@ZacharyBD that’s what I’m saying!
— Mark Remme (@MarkRemme) November 13, 2013